TwelverShia.net Forum

Answering a Shia of Dajjal on his misinterpretation of Umar's(as) statement

Noor-us-Sunnah

Shia of Dajjal(a guy on twitter with username Shia_Shogun) stated:
Tfw Umar says the exact line in Sahih Al Bukhari that Allah (swt) says will never avail a DISBELIEVER on his deathbed

Narrated Al-Miswar bin Makhrama:

When `Umar was stabbed, he showed signs of agony. Ibn `Abbas, as if intending to encourage `Umar, said to him, "O Chief of the believers! Never mind what has happened to you, for you have been in the company of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and you kept good relations with him and you parted with him while he was pleased with you. Then you were in the company of Abu Bakr and kept good relations with him and you parted with him (i.e. he died) while he was pleased with you. Then you were in the company of the Muslims, and you kept good relations with them, and if you leave them, you will leave them while they are pleased with you." `Umar said, (to Ibn "Abbas), "As for what you have said about the company of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and his being pleased with me, it is a favor, Allah did to me; and as for what you have said about the company of Abu Bakr and his being pleased with me, it is a favor Allah did to me; and concerning my impatience which you see, is because of you and your companions. By Allah! If (at all) I had gold equal to the earth, I would have ransomed myself with it from the Punishment of Allah before I meet Him." (Sahih al-Bukhari 3692)

Quran: Indeed, those who disbelieve and die while they are disbelievers - never would the [whole] capacity of the earth in gold be accepted from one of them if he would [seek to] ransom himself with it. For those there will be a painful punishment, and they will have no helpers.(3:91)

Response:

Answer by a brother with username on Twitter (TheAynGhayn) -

The Dajjaal has made this tweet and posted these images in a poor attempt to prove, Umar RA himself recognises his Kufr. Astaghfirullah.

What is the true content of this narration?

The Narration has been explained further in Ibn Hibban & Majma'Az Zawaaid. Saheeh according to ALL Hadith scholars.
It clearly says, Umar wanted comfort from Ibn Abbas & therefore requested him to recite Hadith to him. After reciting Ahadith, Umar RA said what he said.

Its clear, his statement was a reaction to the Hadith he heard from Ibn Abbas.

Theres many accounts, of different reactions Sahabah would have to different Ahadith, depending on whether its Hadith on mercy, love, death, aakhirah etc. A real believer would.

Even we have reactions. Wouldn't except a Rafidhi to understand this though.

The Dajjaal then brings an ayah with a poor attempt to establish Umar RA as a kafir.

But whats the explanation of this Ayah according to The famous Shi'ee Scholar At-Tusi. In his At Tibyaan Fi Tafseer al Quran.,
The Shia Scholar quotes Qatadah who says: 'A Kafir will be brought on The Day of Judgment, and it will be said to him: what do you think if there was gold the amount that filled the earth for you. Would you give it as Fidyah? He will say: Yes. It will be said: 'Indeed you were asked for something easier than this, but you didnt do it' [At Tibyaan Fi At Tafseer al Quran, Al Imran, Ayah 91].

This clearly proves this ayah even according to Shia Scholars is in relation to an event in The Aakhirah. Nothing to do with this world.

So even if Umar RA said that, how can you establish his Kufr whilst hes still alive, with an ayah which is in relation to the affairs of the

Aakhirah?

You Dajjaal, have lied again.

What does this Ayah mean according to Ahlus Sunnah?
Ibn Kathir brings a sound narration of people accepting the truth, then apostating, then accepting, then apostating. The Prophet mentioned this ayah in reference to them.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 01:21:04 AM by Noor-us-Sunnah »

Noor-us-Sunnah

updated