TwelverShia.net Forum

Abu_Abdullah

« on: January 23, 2018, 07:45:44 AM »
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله

I hope you're all well, I came across the website through a video on YouTube. I didn't know people still posted on forums, especially since the inception of social media. Most Islamic related discussions these days (in the internet realm) take place on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

I hope to learn new things on here (ان شاء الله), since my knowledge of shi'i-sunni differences are pretty basic.

- Abu 'Abdullah.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 09:11:51 AM by Abu_Abdullah »

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 12:28:55 AM »
Walaikum salam wr wb

Welcome to the forum brother.

InshaAllah! You will benefit from the discussions.
در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

iceman

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 01:52:58 AM »
Walaikum salam wr wb

Welcome to the forum brother.

InshaAllah! You will benefit from the discussions.

I'm sure he will.😊 The only thing he'll gain here is how bad the Shias really are and because of this he should be  Suni or remain one if he is. 😀

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 12:01:57 PM »
^ We wish guidance for everyone brother including you.
در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

Optimus Prime

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 01:20:02 PM »
I'm sure he will.😊 The only thing he'll gain here is how bad the Shias really are and because of this he should be  Suni or remain one if he is. 😀

Yes, you are correct.

iceman

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 03:55:54 AM »
Yes, you are correct.

We finally agree on something. If you open up your mind and start thinking straight you will begin to notice that I'm correct on most things. So which Sunni would you like him to become? Hanfi, Malaki, Shafa'ee or Hanbali? It doesn't rest here. Then which group would you like him to belong to, Barelvi, Deobandhi, Salafi, Wahabi, Ahle Hadees, Sufi? Don't you think it's about time you started to talk and tell about yourself? Are we too afraid to be exposed? What do we fear that we find refuge in the forum of comfort and satisfaction by banging and bashing the Shias? Is there really something we hide or is our faith and belief really that weak?

Mythbuster1

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 10:33:25 AM »
Asalam alaikum and welcome brother, it’s a good site with plenty of information and good people, you will learn a lot inshallah.

zaid_ibn_ali

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 12:33:30 PM »
We finally agree on something. If you open up your mind and start thinking straight you will begin to notice that I'm correct on most things. So which Sunni would you like him to become? Hanfi, Malaki, Shafa'ee or Hanbali? It doesn't rest here. Then which group would you like him to belong to, Barelvi, Deobandhi, Salafi, Wahabi, Ahle Hadees, Sufi? Don't you think it's about time you started to talk and tell about yourself? Are we too afraid to be exposed? What do we fear that we find refuge in the forum of comfort and satisfaction by banging and bashing the Shias? Is there really something we hide or is our faith and belief really that weak?

Sunni’s are 90% of the over billion muslims around the world. You expect such a large group to be confined to one school with no differences?

Look at 12ers. Barely 10% of the ummah yet so many marjas.
You fail to understand that ahlus sunnah have 4 schools of law where as each marja is a school of law to do taqlid on in 12er sect. So you have way more differences, despite only being a tiny sect compare to ahlus sunnah.

simplemuslim

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 11:12:00 PM »
Sunni’s are 90% of the over billion muslims around the world. You expect such a large group to be confined to one school with no differences?

Look at 12ers. Barely 10% of the ummah yet so many marjas.
You fail to understand that ahlus sunnah have 4 schools of law where as each marja is a school of law to do taqlid on in 12er sect. So you have way more differences, despite only being a tiny sect compare to ahlus sunnah.

I think that's a irreleven point and you have not understood brother Iceman's comment. Even if shia's are more disunited (which is not true) than sunnis, this does not make Sunni Islam more correct?

Why should there be these huge differences in the first place? I though deen was supposed to be clear and simple (like it says on hani's logo)? Yet, we see throughout history and right up to this day, sunnis are fighting and sending takfir upon each other. Plenty of websites, books and youtube videos to prove this.

By the way, former imam of Makkah says ISIS holds the same beleif as the saudi salafis.

zaid_ibn_ali

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 04:34:11 AM »
I think that's a irreleven point and you have not understood brother Iceman's comment. Even if shia's are more disunited (which is not true) than sunnis, this does not make Sunni Islam more correct?

Why should there be these huge differences in the first place? I though deen was supposed to be clear and simple (like it says on hani's logo)? Yet, we see throughout history and right up to this day, sunnis are fighting and sending takfir upon each other. Plenty of websites, books and youtube videos to prove this.

By the way, former imam of Makkah says ISIS holds the same beleif as the saudi salafis.

Unfortunately the extremists get the limelight.
Its not just sunnis. Look at yassir habib & the shirazis against hasan nasrullah hizbollah & those also who are pro vs against anti wilyat.

What is your point?

There’s plenty sunni’s who respect that ahlus sunnah is a broad spectrum of groups who’s sources are the same i.e quran & sunnah.

Just because there’s different groups with different interpretations. Yet they all accept the same Qurah & the same books of hadith.

Abu_Abdullah

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 01:54:26 PM »
Only on forums do introduction-topics get so derailed.

If the Shi'i members feel like my views of Shi'ism will be tarnished by the popular narratives promoted here, perhaps they should counter them?

Anyway, I'll fade into the background.