TwelverShia.net Forum

How Do Imams Know Who is Going to Jannah or Not ?

Rationalist

How Do Imams Know Who is Going to Jannah or Not ?
« on: February 14, 2015, 02:13:11 AM »
For Prophets (pbuh) there is direct communication with Allah (swt), so they confirm news about companions going to jannah. Now I want to know how do the Imams conclude who among the Shias are going to Jannah or who is a hypocrite?

The 12ers believe Hisham bin Al-Hakam, Hisham bin Salim,  Yunus bin Abdulrahman, Zurara bin Ayan are going to Jannah. I'm guessing to them the Imams said so. The question is how do the Imams know these people are going to supposedly enter jannah?

Bolani Muslim

Re: How Do Imams Know Who is Going to Jannah or Not ?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 02:55:38 AM »
Well if you believe in Wilaya al Takwiniyya how the imams can control the universe without the permission of Allah(swt), then anythings possible.  :P

Ameen

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 08:16:12 PM »
Well if you know who is going to Jannah then why can't the Imams know??? For instance you know that all the companions will be going to Jannah then why is it difficult for others to know???

Rationalist

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 08:21:13 PM »
Well if you know who is going to Jannah then why can't the Imams know??? For instance you know that all the companions will be going to Jannah then why is it difficult for others to know???
I think you missed the first part. For Prophets (pbuh) there is direct communication with Allah (swt), so they confirm news about companions going to jannah.  Now please tell me how the Imams can confirm that someone like Hisham ibn Hakam is going to Jannah?

Rationalist

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 12:47:42 AM »
I got one ahadith where the Imam hopes Zurara is among the pious mentioned in the Quran, but this is just hope. This is not a guarantee.

حمدويه بن نصير ، قال : حدثني محمد بن عيسى بن عبيد عن محمد ابن أبي عمير ، عن جميل بن دراج وغيره ، قال : وجه زرارة عبيدا ابنه إلى المدينة يستخبر له خبر أبي الحسن عليه السلام وعبد الله بن أبي عبد الله ، فمات قبل أن يرجع إليه عبيد

قال محمد بن أبي عمير ، حدثني محمد بن حكيم ، قال : قلت لأبي الحسن الأول عليه السلام وذكرت له زرارة وتوجيهه ابنه عبيدا إلي المدينة ، فقال أبو الحسن : اني لأرجو ا أن يكون زرارة ممن قال الله تعالى وَمَنْ يَخْرُجْ مِنْ بَيْتِهِ مُهَاجِرًا إِلَى اللَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ ثُمَّ يُدْرِكْهُ الْمَوْتُ فَقَدْ وَقَعَ أَجْرُهُ عَلَى اللَّهِ

255. Hamdawayh b. Nasiyr who said: narrated to me Muhammad b. Isa b. Ubayd from Muhammad b. Abi Umayr from Jamil b. Darraj and others apart from him, he (Jamil) said: Zurara sent his son Ubayd to Madina to investigate for him the matter of Abi al-Hasan عليه السلام and Abdallah b. Abi Abdillah (al-Aftah, another son of al-Sadiq who had also announced his Imamah), so he (Zurara) died before Ubyad (his son) could return to him (with news).

Muhammad b. Abi Umayr said: narrated to me Muhammad b. Hukaym who said: I talked to Abi al-Hasan عليه السلام - the first - and mentioned to him Zurara and his act of sending his son Ubayd to Madina, so Abu al-Hasan عليه السلام said: I do hope that Zurara is among those about whom Allah has said: 'and whoever comes out of his home emigrating (i.e. Muhajiran) to Allah and his messenger - and death overtakes him (in such a state) - then he has already secured his reward from Allah' (4:100).

Hani

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 01:22:55 AM »
Maybe some of their narrations state that the Imams have a book of the names of the dwellers of paradise... Must be some a giant m*ther-***king book that one!

Also not all companions are going to heaven.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Rationalist

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 01:39:18 AM »
Maybe some of their narrations state that the Imams have a book of the names of the dwellers of paradise... Must be some a giant m*ther-***king book that one!

And the Imams supposedly share this secret with the Shi'a!