TwelverShia.net Forum

TAKFIR OF ATHNA ASHRIS

omar111

TAKFIR OF ATHNA ASHRIS
« on: December 11, 2015, 10:54:56 PM »
TAKFIR OF ATHNA ASHRIS
Why are sunni scholars so lenient about pronouncing takfir of athna ashris?.I found that sunnis are mostly confused about the status of Shias in Islam.We need more specefic fatwas on shias rather then some general ones like this one
In the Shaykh's workAt-Ta'leeq al-Mukhtasar alaa al-Qaseedah al-Nooniyyah (3/1333):
Question: May Allah be benevolent to you, possessor of excellence, whoever declares the Companions to be disbelievers, is he a disbeliever?
Answer: Whoever declares the Companions to be a disbeliever out of knowledge and he knows that Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic has established their integrity and has commended them and that the Messenger judged with (affirmation of) their faith, he knows all of this and declares the Companions to be disbelievers, then he is a disbeliever. As for when he is blind-follower (in that), he heard one who said it and blindly-followed him, this is misguidance.

Ibn Yahya

Re: TAKFIR OF ATHNA ASHRIS
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 12:36:23 AM »
Akhi with all due respect the 'Ulamah are in no way lenient when it comes to declaring the Rawafid Kuffar. But firstly it is important to understand that not all Shi'ah are Rawafid. Hence why they are hesitant to call all Twelvers Kuffar as there are some who do not know their religion. But they openly declare their Shuyukh to be Kuffar

Khaled

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 01:56:56 AM »
As for when he is blind-follower (in that), he heard one who said it and blindly-followed him, this is misguidance.

Read the fatwa and it'll clear your confusion.

As a general principle, if you are confused on why the Ulema didn't make takfir of someone, then you should leave the issue and move on because you're obviously not qualified.  I say this as your brother, and I can't say it in a less harsh way then that.
كلُّ سُلامى من الناس عليه صدقة كلَّ يوم تطلع فيه الشمس، تَعدلُ بين اثنين صدقة، وتعين الرَّجل في دابَّته فتحمله عليها أو ترفع له عليها متاعَه صدقة، والكلمةُ الطيِّبة صدقة، وبكلِّ خطوة تَمشيها إلى الصلاة صدقة، وتُميط الأذى عن الطريق صدقة

MuslimAnswers

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 05:41:37 AM »
^

Just like we have nominal Sunnis who make fun of aspects of Islam that are obligatory to have belief in, there are Shias who do the same with respect to their own faith, and we do not know about this by engaging in forum discussions [which as an open online plane where one can be semi-anonymous are mostly frequented by extremists on all sides, mostly with only cursory knowledge of the religion]. Believe me, 12er Shias can be as cynical about their scholars and confused about matters of their religion as we find some of the Sunnis being.

That is why the rulings are given so as defuse tension and problems as much as possible, not to make violence and hatred more prevalent than what it already is.

Hadrami

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 06:28:32 AM »
That is why the rulings are given so as defuse tension and problems as much as possible, not to make violence and hatred more prevalent than what it already is.

this is probably the main reason, to prevent people take matters into their own hands. I believe any Muslim who believes that the companion who was praised in al-Qur'an a kafir, is himself a kafir for disbelieving Allah's Word.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 06:33:42 AM by Hadrami »

Rationalist

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 07:07:48 AM »
There is an ijma among the Zaidia and Ahle Sunnah that those Twelvers who claim the Quran is incomplete are Kaffir.

omar111

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 10:41:39 AM »
Akhi with all due respect the 'Ulamah are in no way lenient when it comes to declaring the Rawafid Kuffar. But firstly it is important to understand that not all Shi'ah are Rawafid. Hence why they are hesitant to call all Twelvers Kuffar as there are some who do not know their religion. But they openly declare their Shuyukh to be Kuffar

Fatwa is not clear.The question was about the clearcut takfir of rafdhis.But answer is talking about the matters of the heart.How can we know whether a rafdhi is a muhaqiq or muqalid?Fatwa is for commom people and not for alims,and I will not get any harsher then this.

The problem with dividing shias into rafdhis and shia is this that Rafdhis can easily become shias and escape takfir and then there is even more confusion of  muqalid and muhaqiq rafdhi.
  I need a more clearcut takfir like of other relegions
Qadi Iyad in his Shifaa’ writes:
“There is a unanimous consensus upon the kufr of he who does not regard the Jews, Christians or anyone who separates from the religion of the Muslims as a kafir; or he who hesitates in calling them kafir; or he who doubts in this matter. Qadi Abu Bakr (Al-Baaqalani) said: This is because the tawqeef (Shar’i evidence from the Quran and Sunnah upon which none can speak with their own opinion like the number of units in Salah) and the consensus (of the Ummah) both agree upon their kufr; therefore, whoever hesitates or has a doubt in calling them kafir, has rejected the evidence and the tawqeef. Only a kafir would reject or doubt in such a matter.”
I am not intrested in other shias but only athna ashris and their aqaid are now published in a book.So now ulmas can make takfir on the basis of that book.
http://iftikharbookdepot.com/aqaid-e-imamia