TwelverShia.net Forum

Tarikh al-Yaqubi

Furkan

Tarikh al-Yaqubi
« on: February 15, 2015, 03:22:59 AM »
Is he a shiite historian or a sunni?

I came across this:

"A numbers of migrants and the helpers refused to swear allegiance to Abu Bakr, inclined as they were to favor Ali ibn AbuTalib. Al Abbas bin Abd al-Muttalib, Al-Fadi bin Al-Abbas, Al-Zubayr ibn Al-Awwam, Khalid bin Said, Al Miqdad, Salman the Persian, Abu Zar Ghaffari, Ammar ibn Yasir, Al-Bara'a, Ubayy bin Ka'b were part of this group". Tarikh al-Yaqubi 2. p. 114.
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Qazî: “I thank Allah: even in death he put my shoes above your heads”

Hani

Re: Tarikh al-Yaqubi
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 02:10:12 PM »
He's a Shia who believes in `Ali's Imamah.

Not sure if he's Twelver though.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Furkan

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 03:45:48 PM »
Can you prove that, because some shii placed this quote in a discussion. That's why I asked it here :D
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Furkan

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 04:04:53 PM »
I did notice that on websites like wikipedia, al islam.org (and other shii websites), al yaqubi is presented as a sunni.

“last words?”

Hani

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 04:08:00 PM »
When he talks about Abu Bakr and `Umar and `Uthman he doesn't call them "Caliphs", whereas when he talks about `Ali he calls him "Ameer-ul-Mi'ineen" and "al-Wasi", when he talks about Banu Umayyah he calls them Kings but when he talks about Banu al-`Abbas (who were rulers in his time) he calls them Caliphs and claims that their government is blessed. (Which shows his hypocrisy and Taqiyyah).

Also because they say he's a strict Shia on their main websites:
http://www.hawzah.net/fa/Article/View/78767/
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Hani

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 04:09:10 PM »
I did notice that on websites like wikipedia, al islam.org (and other shii websites), al yaqubi is presented as a sunni.

Because Imami Shia are liars, al-islam.org is full of lies, wikipedia is edited by Imami Shia.

Furkan

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 04:32:32 PM »
Barak Allahu feek for your explanation.

Yes, I already felt there was something "wrong" with this guy when I saw those claims.

“last words?”

Ameen

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 08:06:47 PM »

Because Imami Shia are liars, al-islam.org is full of lies, wikipedia is edited by Imami Shia.

And how exactly are they LIARS???

Furkan

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 08:23:45 PM »

Dude wake up

“last words?”

Rationalist

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2015, 08:26:19 PM »
Ammar bin Yassir later helped Abi Bakr fight the false Prophets. During Umar's rule he was appointed as a governor of Kufa. So, I don't think the website is lying.

Hani

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 08:51:45 PM »

If they claim he's Sunni, then they're liars. In fact it's Shia who usually tell me how al-islam.org is full of mistakes and deception.

Rationalist

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 08:54:38 PM »
I bought a translated copy of Maqatil at Talibeen and the translator who is a 12er says the author is Sunni. They didn't want to admit the author is a Zaidi.