TwelverShia.net Forum

Mûsâ al-Kâzim is the real Mahdi/Qa’im according to countless Shia narrations

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni

Mûsâ ibn Ja‘far al-Kâzim is the real Mahdi / Qa'im according to countless Shia narrations

Quote from Waqifi website:

http://www.tashayyu.org/hadiths/nusrat

Fii Nusrat al-Waqifa
في نصرة الواقفة

أبو محمد علي بن أحمد العلوي الموسوي

Fii Nusrat al-Waqifa

Abu Muhammad `Ali b. Ahmad al-`Alawi al-Musawi

(The following work is a reconstruction of said book, now lost, by compiling the ahadith quoted from it by Shaykh Tusi in his Kitab al-Ghayba)

قال الموسوي: حدثني محمد بن بشر قال: حدثني الحسن بن سماعة عن أبان بن عثمان، عن الفضيل بن يسار، قال: سمعت أبا عبد الله عليه السلام يقول: لا ينسجني والقائم أب.

1 – al-Musawi said: Muhammad b. Bishr narrated to me.  He said: al-Hasan b. Sama`a narrated to me from Aban b. `Uthman from al-Fudayl b. Yasar.  He said:

I heard Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام saying: A father will not interweave me and the Qa’im.

وأخبرني علي بن خلف الانماطي قال: حدثنا عبد الله بن وضاح، عن يزيد الصائغ قال: لما ولد لابي عبد الله عليه السلام أبو الحسن عليه السلام عملت له أوضاحا وأهديتها إليه، فلما أتيت أبا عبد الله عليه السلام بها قال لي: يا يزيد أهديتها والله لقائم آل محمد صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم

2 – `Ali b. Khalaf al-Anmati reported to me.  He said: `Abdullah b. Waddah narrated to me from Yazid the jeweler.  He said:

When Abu ‘l-Hasan عليه السلام was born to Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام, I made some silver ornaments for him and gifted it to him.  So when I brought it to Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام, he said to me: O Yazid, gift it to the Qa’im of the Family of Muhammad صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم.

وحدثني أحمد بن الحسن الميثمي، عن أبيه، عن أبي سعيد المدائني قال: سمعت أبا جعفر عليه السلام يقول: إن الله استنقذ بني إسرائيل من فرعونها بموسى بن عمران، وإن الله مستنقذ هذه الامة من فرعونها بسميه.

3 – Ahmad b. al-Hasan al-Maythami narrated to me from his father from Abu Sa`id al-Mada’ini.  He said:

I heard Abu Ja`far عليه السلام saying: Allah saved the Children of Israel from their Pharoah by Musa b. `Imran.  And Allah will save this Umma from its Pharoah by his namesake.

وحدثني حنان بن سدير قال: كان أبي جالسا وعنده عبد الله بن سليمان الصيرفي وأبو المراهف وسالم الاشل، فقال عبد الله بن سليمان لابي: يا أبا الفضل أعلمت أنه ولد لابي عبد الله عليه السلام غلام فسماه فلانا ؟ - يسميه باسمه -. فقال سالم: إن هذا لحق، فقال عبد الله: نعم فقال سالم: والله لان يكون حقا أحب إلي من أن أنقلب إلى أهلي بخمسمائة دينار، وإني محتاج إلى خمسة دراهم أعود بها على نفسي وعيالي. فقال له عبد الله بن سليمان: ولم ذاك ؟ قال: بلغني في الحديث أن الله عرض سيرة قائم آل محمد على موسى بن عمران فقال: " اللهم اجعله من بني إسرائيل " فقال له: ليس إلى ذلك سبيل، فقال: " اللهم اجعلني من أنصاره " فقيل له: ليس إلى ذلك سبيل، فقال: " اللهم اجعله سميي " فقيل له: أعطيت ذلك.

4 – Hanan b. Sadir said: My father was sitting, and `Abdullah b. Sulayman the moneychanger, Abu ‘l-Murahif and Salim the paralytic were with him.  So`Abdullah b. Sulayman said to my father: O Abu ‘l-Fadl, did you know that a boy was born to Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام, and he named him so-and-so?  - and he named his name –

So Salim said: This is true. 

So `Abdullah said: Yes. 

So Salim said: By Allah, it would truly be more beloved to me than that five hundred dinar should be turned (?) to my family, and I am needy of five dirham to go back with upon myself and my dependents. 

So `Abdullah b. Sulayman said to him: And why is that? 

He said: It has reached me in the hadith that Allah presented the course of the Qa’im of the Family of Muhammad to Musa b. `Imran. 

So he said: Allahumma, make him be from the Children of Israel. 

So He said to him: There is no way to that. 

So he said: Allahumma, make me be from his helpers. 

So it was said to him: There is no way to that. 

So he said: Allahumma, make him my namesake. 

So it was said to him: I have granted that.

وروى زيد الشحام وغيره قال: سمعت سالما يقول: سمعت أبا جعفر عليه السلام يقول: إن الله تعالى عرض سيرة قائم آل محمد على موسى بن عمران وذكر الحديث وقد تكلمنا عليه مع تسليمه.

5 – Zayd the oil vendor and other than him narrated, he said: Salim says:

I heard Abu Ja`far عليه السلام saying: Allah تعالى presented the course of the Qa’im of the Family of Muhammad to Musa b. `Imran – and he mentioned the hadith and we spoken of it with its delivery.

وحدثني بحر بن زياد الطحان، عن محمد بن مروان، عن أبي جعفر عليه السلام قال: قال رجل: جعلت فداك إنهم يروون أن أمير المؤمنين عليه السلام قال بالكوفة على المنبر: لو لم يبق من الدنيا إلا يوم لطول الله ذلك اليوم حتى يبعث الله رجلا مني يملاها قسطا وعدلا كما ملئت ظلما وجورا. فقال أبو جعفر عليه السلام: نعم قال: فأنت هو ؟ فقال: لا ذاك سمي فالق البحر.

6 – Bahr b. Ziyad the miller narrated to me from Muhammad b. Marwan from Abu Ja`far عليه السلام.  He said:

A man said: May I be made your ransom, they narrate that Amir al-Mu’mineen عليه السلام said in Kufa upon the minbar: Were not but a day to remain of the world, Allah would prolong that day until Allah sent a man from me who will fill it with equity and justice as it had been filled with oppression and tyranny. 

So Abu Ja`far عليه السلام said: Yes. 

He said: So are you him? 

So he said: No, that is the namesake of the parter of the sea.

وحدثني أبو محمد الصيرفي، عن الحسين بن سليمان، عن ضريس الكناسي عن أبي خالد الكابلي قال: سمعت علي بن الحسين عليه السلام وهو يقول: إن قارون كان يلبس الثياب الحمر، وإن فرعون كان يلبس السود ويرخي الشعور، فبعث الله عليهم موسى عليه السلام، وإن بني فلان لبسوا السواد وأرخوا الشعور وأن الله تعالى مهلكهم بسميه.

7 – Abu Muhammad the money changer narrated to me from al-Husayn b. Sulayman from Durays al-Kinasi from Abu Khalid al-Kabuli.  He said:

I heard `Ali b. al-Husayn عليه السلام while he was saying: Qarun used to wear red clothing, and Pharoah used to wear black and lengthened the hair (?).  So Allah sent Musa عليه السلام upon them.  And the Banu so-and-so wear black and lengthen the hair, and Allah تعالى will destroy them by his namesake.

وبهذا الاسناد قال: تذاكرنا عنده القائم فقال: إسمه إسم لحديدة الحلاق.

8 – And by this isnad, he said: We discussed the Qa’im with him, so he said: His name is the name of the iron of the barber.  (trans. note: in Arabic the word for razor is musa)

وروى جعفر بن سماعة، عن محمد بن الحسن، عن أبيه الحسن بن هارون قال: قال أبو عبد الله عليه السلام: إبني هذا - يعني أبا الحسن عليه السلام - هو القائم، وهو من المحتوم، وهو الذي يملاها قسطا وعدلا كما ملئت ظلما وجورا.

9 – Ja`far b. Sama`a narrated from Muhammad b. al-Hasan from his father al-Hasan b. Harun.  He said:

Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام said: This son of mine – meaning Abu ‘l-Hasan عليه السلام – he is the Qa’im, and it (or: he) is from the inevitable (al-mahtum).  And he is the one who will fill it with equity and justice as it had been filled with oppression and tyranny.

وحدثني عبد الله بن سلام، عن عبد الله بن سنان، قال: سمعت أبا عبد الله عليه السلام يقول: من المحتوم أن ابني هذا قائم هذه الامة، وصاحب السيف - وأشار بيده إلى أبي الحسن عليه السلام -.

10 – `Abdullah b. Salam narrated to me from `Abdullah b. Sinan.  He said:

I heard Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام saying: From the inevitable is that this son of mine is the Qa’im of this Umma, and the possessor of the sword – and he indicated with his hand to Abu ‘l-Hasan عليه السلام.

وأخبرني علي بن رزق الله، عن أبي الوليد الطرائفي قال: كنت ليلة عند أبي عبد الله عليه السلام، إذ نادى غلامه فقال: إنطلق فادع لي سيد ولدي، فقال له الغلام، من هو ؟ فقال: فلان - يعني أبا الحسن عليه السلام - [ قال: ] فلم ألبث حتى جاء بقميص بغير رداء - إلى أن قال: - ثم ضرب بيده على عضدي وقال: يا أبا الوليد كأني بالراية السوداء صاحبة الرقعة الخضراء تخفق فوق رأس هذا الجالس ومعه أصحابه يهدون جبال الحديد هدا، لا يأتون على شئ إلا هدوه، قلت: جعلت فداك هذا ؟. قال: نعم هذا يا أبا الوليد يملاها قسطا وعدلا كما ملئت ظلما وعدوانا، يسير في أهل القبلة بسيرة علي بن أبي طالب عليه السلام يقتل أعداء الله حتى يرضى الله، قلت: جعلت فداك هذا ؟ قال: هذا، ثم قال: فاتبعه وأطعه وصدقه وأعطه الرضا من نفسك فإنك ستدركه إن شاء الله.

11 – `Ali b. Rizqullah reported to me from Abu ‘l-Walid at-Tara’ifi.  He said:

One night I was with Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام, when he called his slave-boy.  So he said: Go and summon the master of my children for me. 

So the slave-boy said: Who is he? 

So he said: So-and-so – meaning Abu ‘l-Hasan عليه السلام –

[He said:] So I will not delay until I come with a qamis without a robe – until he said:

Then he struck his hand upon my upper arm and said: O Abu ‘l-Walid, it is as though I am by the black standard of the possessor of the green patch, fluttering above the head of this one who is sitting, and his companions are with him crushing mountains of iron with a crushing, not coming upon anything but that they crush it. 

I said: May I be made your ransom, this one? 

He said: Yes, this one, O Abu ‘l-Walid, will fill it with equity and justice as it had been filled with oppression and enmity, taking the course in the people of the qibla with the course of `Ali b. Abi Talib عليه السلام, killing the enemies of Allah until Allah is satisfied. 

I said: May I be made your ransom, this one? 

He said: This one. 

Then he said: So follow him, and obey him, and believe him, and give him satisfaction from yourself, for you shall reach him, if Allah has willed.

وحدثني عبد الله بن جميل، عن صالح بن أبي سعيد القماط، قال: حدثني عبد الله بن غالب. قال: أنشدت أبا عبد الله عليه السلام هذه القصيدة: فإن تك أنت المرتجى للذي نرى فتلك التي من ذي العلى فيك نطلب فقال: ليس أنا صاحب هذه الصفة، ولكن هذا صاحبها - وأشار بيده إلى أبي الحسن عليه السلام -.

12 – `Abdullah b. Jamil narrated to me from Salih b. Abu Sa`id al-Qammat. He said: `Abdullah b. Ghalib narrated to me.  He said:

I recited this qasida to Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام: So if you are the one who is hoped for what we anticipate, then that is what we seek in you from the One on high. 

So he said: I am not the possessor of this attribute, rather this is its possessor – and he indicated with his hand to Abu ‘l-Hasan عليه السلام.

وحدثني أبو عبد الله لذاذ، عن صارم بن علوان الجوخي قال: دخلت أنا والمفضل ويونس بن ظبيان والفيض بن المختار والقاسم  - شريك المفضل - على أبي عبد الله عليه السلام وعنده إسماعيل إبنه، فقال الفيض: جعلت فداك نتقبل من هؤلاء الضياع فنقبلها بأكثر مما نتقبلها، فقال: لا بأس به، فقال له إسماعيل ابنه: لم تفهم يا أبه. فقال أبو عبد الله عليه السلام: أنا لم أفهم، أقول لك: إلزمني فلا تفعل، فقال إسماعيل مغضبا، فقال الفيض إنا نرى أنه صاحب هذا الامر من بعدك، فقال أبو عبد الله عليه السلام: لا والله ما هو كذلك، ثم قال: هذا ألزم لي من ذلك - وأشار إلى أبي الحسن عليه السلام - وهو نائم فضمه إليه فنام على صدره، فلما انتبه أخذ أبو عبد الله عليه السلام بساعده ثم قال: هذا والله إبني حقا هو والله يملاها قسطا وعدلا كما ملئت ظلما وجورا. فقال له قاسم الثانية: هذا جعلت فداك ؟ قال: إي والله إبني هذا لا يخرج من الدنيا حتى يملا الله الارض به قسطا وعدلا كما ملئت ظلما وجورا ثلاث أيمان يحلف بها.

13 – Abu `Abdillah Ladhdhadh narrated to me from Sarim b. `Alwan al-Jukhi.  He said:

I, al-Mufaddal, Yunus b. Zhibyan, al-Fayd b. al-Mukhtar and al-Qasim – the associate of al-Mufaddal – entered upon Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام and his son Isma`il was with him. 

So al-Fayd said: May I be made your ransom, we do taqabbul from these estates, so we do taqbil with it more than we did taqabbul with it (trans. note: this is referring to a type of transacting of property). 

So he said: There is no harm with it. 

So his son Isma`il said to him: O father, you did not understand. 

So Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام said: I did not understand?  I say to you: adhere to me, but you do not do it. 

So Isma`il spoke angrily. 

al-Fayd said: We regard him to be the master of this authority after you. 

So Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام said: No, by Allah, he is not thus. 

Then he said: This one adheres to me more than that – and he indicated to Abu ‘l-Hasan.  He was asleep, so he embraced him and rested upon his chest.  So when he noticed, Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام took him by his forearm then said: This one, by Allah, my son truly he, by Allah, will fill it with equity and justice as it had been filled with oppression and tyranny. 

So Qasim the second said to him: This one, may I be made your ransom? 

He said: Aye, by Allah, this son of mine will not leave the world until Allah fills the Earth with equity and justice by him as it had been filled with oppression and tyranny – three oaths swearing by it.

وحدثني حنان بن سدير، عن إسماعيل البزاز قال: قال أبو عبد الله عليه السلام: إن صاحب هذا الامر يلي الوصية وهو إبن عشرين سنة، فقال إسماعيل: فو الله ما وليها أحد قط كان أحدث منه، وإنه لفي السن الذي قال أبو عبد الله عليه السلام

14 – Hanan b. Sadir narrated to me from Isma`il the clothier.  He said:

Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام said: The master of this authority will take charge of the testament while he is twenty years old. 

So Isma`il said: So by Allah, no has ever taken charge of it who was younger than him. 

And he was of the age which Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام said.

وحدثني إبراهيم بن محمد بن حمران، عن يحيى بن القاسم الحذاء وغيره، عن جميل بن صالح، عن داود بن زربي، قال: بعث إلي العبد الصالح عليه السلام - وهو في الحبس - فقال: إئت هذا الرجل - يعني يحيى بن خالد - فقل له: يقول لك أبو فلان: ما حملك على ما صنعت ؟ أخرجتني من بلادي وفرقت بيني وبين عيالي. فأتيته وأخبرته فقال: زبيدة طالق، وعليه أغلظ الايمان لوددت أنه غرم الساعة ألفي ألف، وأنت خرجت، فرجعت إليه فأبلغته، فقال: ارجع إليه فقل له: يقول لك: والله لتخرجني أو لاخرجن.

15 – Ibrahim b. Muhammad b. Humran narrated to me from Yahya b. al-Qasim the shoemaker and other than him from Jamil b. Salih from Dawud b. Zarabi.  He said:

The Righteous Servant عليه السلام sent to me while he was in the prison, so he said: Go to this man – meaning Yahya b. Khalid – and say to him: Abu so-and-so says to you: What prompted you to do what you did?  You ejected me from my country and separated me and my dependents. 

So I went to him and informed him. 

So he said: Zubayda is divorced, and upon him be the roughest of oaths, I would wish for him to be fined right now two thousand thousand.  And (when) you have gone out, and returned to him, and informed him. 

So he said: Return to him and say to him:  He says to you: By Allah, you will eject me or I will go out.

وحدثني إبراهيم بن محمد بن حمران عن إسماعيل بن منصور الزبالي قال: سمعت شيخا باذرعات - قد أتت عليه عشرون ومائة سنة - قال: سمعت عليا عليه السلام يقول على منبر الكوفة: كأني بابن حميدة قد ملاها عدلا وقسطا كما ملئت ظلما وجورا. فقام إليه رجل فقال: أهو منك أو من غيرك ؟ فقال: لا بل هو رجل مني .

16 – Ibrahim b. Muhammad b. Humran narrated to me from Isma`il b. Mansur the zibl collector.  He said: I heard an elder at Adhri`at – a hundred and twenty years had come upon him.  He said:

I heard `Ali عليه السلام saying upon the minbar of Kufa: It is as though I am with the son of Hamida, he has filled it with equity and justice as it had been filled with oppression and tyranny. 

So a man went to him, and said: Is he from you, or from someone other than you? 

So he said: No, rather he is a man from me.

وحدثني أحمد بن الحسن قال: حدثني يحيى بن إسحاق العلوي، عن أبيه قال: دخلت على أبي عبد الله عليه السلام فسألته عن صاحب هذا الامر من بعده قال: صاحب البهمة وأبو الحسن في ناحية الدار ومعه عناق مكية ويقول لها: أسجدي لله الذي خلقك. ثم قال: أما إنه الذي يملاها قسطا وعدلا كما ملئت ظلما وجورا.

17 – Ahmad b. al-Hasan narrated to me.  He said: Yahya b. Ishaq al-`Alawi narrated to me from his father.  He said:

I entered upon Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام, and asked him about the master of this authority after him. 

He said: The possessor of the lamb. 

And Abu ‘l-Hasan was in a section of the home, and with him was a Meccan she-kid.  And he was saying to it: prostrate for Allah who created you. 

Then he said: Indeed, he is the one who will fill it with equity and justice as it had been filled with oppression and tyranny.

وحدثني الحسين بن علي بن معمر، عن أبيه، عن عبد الله بن سنان قال: سمعت أبا عبد الله عليه السلام وذكر البداء لله فقال: فما أخرج الله إلى الملائكة وأخرجه الملائكة إلى الرسل، فأخرجه الرسل إلى الآدميين فليس فيه بداء. وأن من المحتوم أن إبني هذا هو القائم.

18 – al-Husayn b. `Ali b. Ma`mar narrated to me from his father from `Abdullah b. Sinan.  He said:

I heard Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام and he mentioned bada’ for Allah.  So he said: So what Allah brings out to the angels, and the angels bring it out to the messengers, and the messengers bring it out to humanity, then there is no bada’ in it.  And from the inevitable is that this son of mine is the Qa’im.

قال: وروى بقباقة - أخو بنين الصيرفي - قال: حدثني الاصطخري، أنه سمع أبا عبد الله عليه السلام يقول: كأني بابن حميدة على أعوادها قد دانت له شرق الارض وغربها .

19 – He said: And Baqbaqa – the brother of the Banin as-Sayrafi.  He said: al-Istakhri narrated to me that he heard Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام saying: It is as though I am with the son of Hamida upon its rods, the East of the Earth and its West have yielded to him.

وحدثني محمد بن عطاء ضرغامة، عن خلاد اللؤلؤي قال: حدثني سعيد المكي عن أبي عبد الله عليه السلام - وكانت له منزلة منه - قال: قال أبو عبد الله عليه السلام: يا سعيد إثنا عشر إذا مضى ستة فتح الله على السابع، ويملك منا أهل البيت خمسة وتطلع الشمس من مغربها على يد السادس.

20 – Muhammad b. `Ata Darghama narrated to me from Khallad the pearl seller.  He said: Sa`id al-Makki narrated to me from Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام – and he had a station from him.  He said:

Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام said: O Sa`id, twelve.  When six pass, Allah will grant victory (lit. open) upon the seventh, and five from us, the People of the House, will rule, and the sun will rise from its place of setting (its west) upon the hand of the sixth.

وحدثني حنان بن سدير، عن أبي إسماعيل الابرص، عن أبي بصير قال: قال أبو عبد الله عليه السلام على رأس السابع منا الفرج

21 – Hanan b. Sadir narrated to me from Abu Isma`il the leper from Abu Basir.  He said:

Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام said: The relief (al-faraj) is upon the head of the seventh from us.

وحدثني عبد الله بن جبلة، عن سلمة بن جناح، عن حازم بن حبيب قال: قلت لابي عبد الله عليه السلام: إن أبوي هلكا وقد أنعم الله علي ورزق أفأتصدق عنهما وأحج ؟ فقال: نعم. ثم قال بيمينه: يابا حازم من جاءك يخبرك عن صاحب هذا الامر أنه غسله وكفنه ونفض التراب من قبره فلا تصدقه.

22 - `Abdullah b. Jabla narrated to me from Salama b. Janah from Hazim b. Habib.  He said:

I said to Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام: My parents have passed away, and Allah has bestowed upon me and provided, so do I give charity on behalf of them and do hajj? 

So he said: Yes. 

Then he said to his right: O Abu Hazim, whoever comes to you informing you about the master of this authority that he gave him ghusl and did his kafan and shook off the dirt from his grave, then do not believe him.

وحدثني أبو محمد الصيرفي، عن عبد الكريم بن عمرو، عن أبي بصير، عن أبي عبد الله عليه السلام قال: سمعته يقول: كأني بابني هذا – يعني أبا الحسن عليه السلام – قد أخذه بنو فلان فمكث في أيديهم حينا ودهرا، ثم خرج من أيديهم فيأخذ بيد رجل من ولده حتى ينتهي (به) إلى جبل رضوي.

23 – Abu Muhammad the money-changer narrated to me from `Abd al-Karim b. `Amr from Abu Basir from Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام.  He said:

I heard him saying: It is as though I am with this son of mine – meaning Abu ‘l-Hasan عليه السلام – and the Banu so-and-so have taken him.  So he remains in their hands for a while and long period of time, then he goes out from their hands.  So he takes the hand of a man from his children until he ends up [with him] to the Mount Radwa.

وحدثني جعفر بن سليمان، عن داود الصرمي، عن علي بن أبي حمزة قال: قال [ لي ] أبو عبد الله عليه السلام: من جاءك فقال لك: أنه مرض إبني هذا، وأغمضه وغسله ووضعه في لحده، ونفض يده من تراب قبره، فلا تصدقه.

24 – Ja`far b. Sulayman narrated to me from Dawud as-Sarami from `Ali b. Abi Hamza.  He said:

Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام said [to me]: Whoever comes to you and says to you that he gave medical treatment to this son of mine, and he closed his eyes, and gave him ghusl, and placed him in his tomb, and shook off his hands from the dirt of his grave, then do not believe him.

وروي عن سليمان بن داود، عن علي بن أبي حمزة، عن، أبي الحسن عليه السلام قال: قال لي: يا علي من أخبرك أنه مرضني وغمضني وغسلني ووضعني في لحدي ونفض يده من تراب قبري فلا تصدقه.

25 – And he narrated from Sulayman b. Dawud from `Ali b. Abi Hamza from Abu ‘l-Hasan عليه السلام.  He said:

He said to me: O `Ali, whoever reports to you that he gave medical treatment to me, and closed my eyes, and gave me ghusl, and placed me in my tomb, and shook off his hands from the dirt of my grave, then do not believe him.

وأخبرني أعين بن عبد الرحمن بن أعين قال: بعثني عبد الله بن بكير إلى عبد الله الكاهلي سنة أخذ العبد الصالح عليه السلام زمن المهدي فقال: أقرأه السلام وسله أتاه خبر - إلى أن قال: - إقرأه السلام وقل له: حدثني أبوالعيزار في مسجدكم منذ ثلاثين سنة وهو يقول: قال أبو عبد الله عليه السلام: يقدم لصاحب هذا الامر العراق مرتين. فأما الاولى فيعجل سراحه ويحسن جائزته. وأما الثانية فيحبس فيطول حبسه ثم يخرج من أيديهم عنوة.

26 – A`yan b. `Abd ar-Rahman b. A`yan reported to me.  He said:

`Abdullah b. Bukayr sent me to `Abdullah al-Kahili the year the Righteous Servant عليه السلام was taken in the time of al-Mahdi (the `Abbasid caliph). 

So he said: Recite salam to him and ask him to bring him (?) a report – until he said: Recite salam to him and say to him: Abu ‘l-`Izar narrated to me in your masjid for thirty years and he says: Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام said: The master of this authority will come to Iraq twice.  As to the first, so his release will be hastened and his provisions for the road (ja’iza) will be good.  And as to the second, so he will be imprisoned and his imprisonment will be lengthy, then he will go out from their hands them forcibly.

وأخبرني إبراهيم بن محمد بن حمران وحمران والهيثم بن واقد الجزري، عن عبد الله الرجاني قال: كنت عند أبي عبد الله عليه السلام، إذ دخل عليه العبد الصالح عليه السلام فقال: يا أحمد إفعل كذا، فقلت: جعلت فداك إسمه فلان فقال: بل إسمه أحمد ومحمد. ثم قال لي: يا عبد الله إن صاحب هذا الامر يؤخذ فيحبس فيطول حبسه فإذا هموا به دعا باسم الله الاعظم فأفلته من أيديهم.

27 – Ibrahim b. Muhammad b. Humran and Humran and al-Haytham and Waqid al-Jazari reported to me from `Abdullah ar-Rajani.  He said:

I was with Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام when the Righteous Servant عليه السلام entered upon him. 

So he said: O Ahmad, do thus. 

So I said: May I be made your ransom, his name is so-and-so. 

So he said: Rather, his name is Ahmad and Muhammad. 

Then he said to me: O `Abdullah, the master of this authority will be taken and imprisoned, and his imprisonment will be prolonged.  So when they determine (to kill?) him, he will supplicate by the greatest name of Allah, and it will release him from their hands.

[ و ] روى بعض أصحابنا، عن أبي محمد البزاز قال: حدثنا عمرو بن منهال القماط، عن حديد الساباطي، عن أبي عبد الله عليه السلام قال: إن لابي الحسن عليه السلام غيبتين إحداهما تقل والاخرى تطول، حتى يجيئكم من يزعم أنه مات وصلى عليه ودفنه ونفض تراب القبر من يده. فهو في ذلك كاذب ليس يموت وصي حتى يقيم وصيا ولا يلي الوصي إلا الوصي فإن وليه غير وصي عمي.

28 – One of our companions narrated from Muhammad the clothier.  He said: `Amr b. Minhal al-Qammat narrated to me from Hadid as-Sabati from Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام. 

He said: There are two disappearances (ghayba) for Abu ‘l-Hasan عليه السلام, the first of them is lesser and the other is prolonged, until there comes to you one who claims that he died, and (that he) prayed over him and buried him and shook off the dirt of the grave from his hand.  So in that he is a liar, a wasi will not die until he establishes (?) a wasi, and none but the wasi follows (?) the wasi, for if someone other than wasi follows him, he goes blind (?).

وحدثنا عبد الله بن سلام أبو هريرة، عن زرعة، عن مفضل قال: كنت جالسا عند أبي عبد الله عليه السلام، إذ جاءه أبو الحسن ومحمد ومعهما عناق يتجاذبانها فغلبه محمد عليها، فاستحيى أبو الحسن فجاء فجلس إلى جانبي فضممته إلي وقبلته. فقال أبو عبد الله عليه السلام: أما أنه صاحبكم مع أن بني العباس يأخذونه فيلقى منهم عنتا ثم يفلته الله من أيديهم بضرب من الضروب، ثم يعمى على الناس أمره حتى تفيض عليه العيون، وتضطرب فيه القلوب كما تضطرب السفينة في لجة البحر وعواصف الريح ثم يأتي الله على يديه بفرج لهذه الامة للدين والدنيا.

29 – `Abdullah b. Salam Abu Hurayra narrated to me from Zar`a from Mufaddal.  He said:

I was sitting with Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام when Abu ‘l-Hasan and Muhammad came, and with them was a she-kid.  They were vying for it, and Muhamamd overcame him upon it.  So Abu ‘l-Hasan was embarrassed, and he came and sat to my side.  So I embraced him and kissed him. 

So Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام said: Indeed he is your master (or: companion) even though the Banu ‘l-`Abbas will take him and he will encounter a hardship from them.  Then Allah will release him from their hands with a sort of sorts, then his affair will be obscure to the people until the eyes pour forth (?) over him, and the the hearts tumult regarding him as the ship tumults in the abyss of the sea and the storms of wind.  Then upon his hands Allah will bring a relief for this Umma, for the religion and this world.

وحدثني حنان، عن أبي عبد الرحمن المسعودي قال: حدثنا المنهال بن عمرو، عن أبي عبد الله النعمان، عن أبي جعفر عليه السلام قال: صاحب الامر يسجن حينا ويموت [ حينا ] ويهرب حينا

30 – Hanan narrated to me from Abu `Abd ar-Rahman al-Mas`udi.  He said: al-Minhal b. `Amr narrated to us from Abu `Abdillah an-Nu`man from Abu Ja`far عليه السلام. 

He said: The master of the authority will be imprisoned for a while, and die [for a while], and escape for a while.

وروى بحر بن زياد، عن عبد الله الكاهلي، أنه سمع أبا عبد الله عليه السلام يقول: إن جاءكم من يخبركم بأنه مرض إبني هذا، وهو شهده وهو أغمضه وغسله وأدرجه في أكفانه وصلى عليه ووضعه في قبره وهو حثا عليه التراب، فلا تصدقوه ولابد من أن يكون ذا. فقال له محمد بن زياد التميمي: - وكان حاضر الكلام بمكة - يا أبا يحيى هذه والله فتنة عظيمة، فقال له الكاهلي: فسهم الله فيه أعظم، يغيب عنهم شيخ ويأتيهم شاب فيه سنة من يونس.

31 – Bahr b. Ziyad narrated from `Abdullah al-Kahili that he heard Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام saying:

If someone comes to you informing you that he has given medical treatment to this son of mine, and he witnessed him, closed his eyes, did his ghusl, inserted him in his shrouds, prayed over him, placed him in his grave, and scooped the dirt on him, then do not believe him and it surely will be that. 

So Muhammad b. Ziyad at-Tamimi said to him – and he was present to the talk in Mecca – O Abu Yahya, this, by Allah, is a great fitna! 

So al-Kahili said to him: So the share of Allah in it is greater.  An elder will disappear (go into ghayba) from them, and a youth will come to them, in it is a tradition (sunna) of Yunus.

وروى أحمد بن الحارث، رفعه إلى أبي عبد الله عليه السلام أنه قال: لو قد يقوم القائم لقال الناس: أنى يكون هذا وبليت عظامه

32 – Ahmad b. al-Harith narrated going up to Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام that he said:

Were the Qa’im to rise, the people would say: It is this one, while his bones had decayed?

وروى سليمان بن داود، عن علي بن أبي حمزة، عن أبي بصير قال: سمعت أبا جعفر عليه السلام يقول: في صاحب هذا الامر أربع سنن من أربعة أنبياء سنة من موسى، وسنة من عيسى، وسنة من يوسف، وسنة من محمد صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم، أما موسى فخائف، يترقب، وأما يوسف فالسجن، وأما عيسى فيقال: مات ولم يمت وأما محمد صلى الله عليه وآله فالسيف.

33 – Sulayman b. Dawud narrated from `Ali b. Abi Hamza from Abu Basir.  He said:

I heard Abu Ja`far عليه السلام saying: There are four traditions (sunan) from four prophets in the master of this authority: a tradition from Musa, a tradition from `Isa, a tradition from Yusuf, and a tradition from Muhammad صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم.  As Musa it is (he will) fear, being vigilant.  As to Yusuf it is prison.  As to `Isa, so it will be said: He died, and he did not die.  And as to Muhammad صلى الله عليه وآله it is the sword.

وروى علي بن عبد الله، عن زرعة بن محمد، عن مفضل قال: سمعت أبا عبد الله عليه السلام يقول: إن بني العباس سيعبثون بابني هذا ولن يصلوا إليه. ثم قال: وما صائحة تصيح، وما ساقة تسق، وما ميراث يقسم وما أمة تباع.

34 – `Ali b. `Abdullah narrated from Zur`a b. Muhammad from Mufaddal.  He said:

I heard Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام saying: The Bani ‘l-`Abbas shall abuse this son of mine, and they will never reach him. 

Then he said: And no clamour will cry out, and no rear (of an army?) will drive on, and no inheritance will be divided, and no slave woman will be bought.  (or: And what clamour will, etc)

وروى أحمد بن علي، عن محمد بن الحسين بن إسماعيل، عن عبد الرحمن بن الحجاج قال: سمعت أبا إبراهيم عليه السلام يقول: إن بني فلان يأخذونني ويحبسونني وقال: وذاك وإن طال فإلى سلامة

35 – Ahmad b. `Ali narrated from Muhammad b. al-Husayn b. Isma`il from `Abd ar-Rahman b. al-Hajjaj.  He said:

I heard Abu Ibrahim عليه السلام saying: The Bani so-and-so will take me and imprison me.  And he said: And that will be – even if long – to safety.

وروى إبراهيم بن المستنير، عن المفضل قال: سمعت أبا عبد الله عليه السلام يقول: إن لصاحب هذا الامر غيبتين إحداهما أطول حتى يقال: مات، وبعض يقول: قتل، فلا يبقى على أمره إلا نفر يسير من أصحابه، ولا يطلع أحد على موضعه وأمره، ولا غيره إلى المولى الذي يلي أمره.

36 – Ibrahim b. al-Mustani narrated from al-Mufaddal.  He said:

I heard Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام saying: The master of this authority will have two disappearances (ghayba), one of them is longer, until it said: He died, and some will say: He was killed.  So none will remain upon his affair save but a small band from his companions.  And no one will be informed of his location and his affair, and not other than him to the mawla who will follow (?) his authority.

وروى علي بن معاذ قال: قلت لصفوان بن يحيى: بأي شئ قطعت على علي ؟ قال: صليت ودعوت الله واستخرت (عليه) وقطعت عليه

37 – `Ali b. Mu`adh narrated.  He said:

I said to Safwan b. Yahya: By which thing did you affirm `Ali (b. Musa ar-Rida)? 

He said: I prayed and supplicated to Allah and I did istikhara [upon him] and affirmed him.

وقال علي بقباقة: سألت صفوان بن يحيى وابن جندب وجماعة من مشيختهم - وكان الذي بينه وبينهم عظيم - بأي شئ قطعتم على هذا الرجل الشئ بان لكم فاقبل قولكم ؟ قالوا كلهم: لا والله إلا أنه قال: فصدقناه وأحالوا جميعا على البزنطي، فقلت: سوءة لكم وأنتم مشيخة الشيعة، أترسلونني إلى ذلك الصبي الكذاب فأقبل منه وأدعكم أنتم ؟.

38 – `Ali b. Baqbaqa said: I asked Safwan b. Yahya and Ibn Jundub and a  group from their elders – and what was between him and them was great – by which thing did they affirm this man, the thing that is apparent to you so that I accept your doctrine? 

They said, all of them: No, by Allah, but that he said: We have believed him and all referred to al-Bazanti. 

So I said: Shame on you, and you are the elders of the Shi`a.  Are you sending me to that lying child, so that I accept from him and leave you alone?

وسئل بعض أصحابنا عن علي بن رباط هل سمع أحدا روى عن أبي الحسن عليه السلام أنه قال: علي إبني وصيي أو إمام بعدي أو بمنزلتي من أبي أو خليفتي أو معنى هذا ؟ قال: لا.

39 – Some of our companions asked from `Ali b. Rabbat: Did anyone narrate from Abu ‘l-Hasan عليه السلام that he said: My son `Ali is my wasi, or an Imam after me, or with my status from my father, or my successor (khalifa), or (something with) the meaning of this? 

He said: No.

وسأل أبو بكر الارمني عبد الله بن المغيرة بأي شئ قطعت على علي ؟ قال أخبرتني سلمى أنه لم يكن عند أبيه أحد بمنزلته.

40 – Abu Bakr al-Arami `Abdullah b. al-Mughira was asked by which thing did you affirm `Ali? 

He said: Salma informed me that there was no one according to his father with his status.
در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

Aba AbdAllah

Atleast this is Mutawattir for them