TwelverShia.net Forum

Is Mutah Really Halal For Shia?

Zahra

Re: Is Mutah Really Halal For Shia?
« Reply #320 on: January 27, 2018, 03:31:22 AM »
Mutah is Sunnah and is encouraged. The Shias saying that it's taboo are only saying that because they want people to think that they're religious. Those same shia men will shamelessly talk about doing mutah with other Shia and even Sunni women.

zaid_ibn_ali

« Reply #321 on: January 27, 2018, 01:52:00 PM »
Iceman:

Still waiting for you to prove that mutah is for restricted circumstances in shia madhab.

You hold this opinion without any evidence from shia sources. Its a good sign that you are rejecting the shia tradition.

Inshallah open your eyes, ears & heart more & reject the resr of the falsehood of your sect.

iceman

« Reply #322 on: January 27, 2018, 08:55:36 PM »
Iceman:

Still waiting for you to prove that mutah is for restricted circumstances in shia madhab.

You hold this opinion without any evidence from shia sources. Its a good sign that you are rejecting the shia tradition.

Inshallah open your eyes, ears & heart more & reject the resr of the falsehood of your sect.

I don't know what you're waiting for when I've given you an in depth analysis and many answers. And I've repeated myself on many occasions. Shia sources are not needed when you've got Qoran and Sunnah. I've given you the meaning of 'Fatwa'.

The Prophet (s) made it permissible and allowed it. WHY? What was the reason and purpose? Anyone of you.

iceman

« Reply #323 on: January 27, 2018, 09:03:32 PM »
When something is absolutely crystal clear through Qoran and Sunnah then one doesn't need to provide anything from Scholars or books. The Prophet (s) made Mutah permissible and allowed it, but why? All we need to do is look into history and reality and facts will tell us that it was due to exceptional circumstances. A challenge to the gentlemen, can you tell me otherwise?

zaid_ibn_ali

« Reply #324 on: January 27, 2018, 09:15:13 PM »
Iceman show me from Quran & Sunnah that its a restricted practice.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 09:17:36 PM by zaid_ibn_ali »

iceman

« Reply #325 on: January 27, 2018, 11:08:44 PM »
Iceman show me from Quran & Sunnah that its a restricted practice.

First of all, correction, it's not RESTRICTED but CIRCUMSTANTIAL. There is a difference. We need to educate ourselves and become aware so we get the right understanding.

Lets work together but with an open mind so we can get a better understanding about things. Otherwise we will misunderstand and continue to bicker.

Scholars and books, be it yours or ours, aren't needed when something is known and clear based on Qoran and or Sunah.

The Prophet (s) made Mutah permissible and allowed it. Do we agree? I'm sure we do. This is a known fact which is agreed upon.

WHY did the Prophet (s) make Mutah PERMISSIBLE? What was the REASON and PURPOSE? This is what we need to look at.

Was Mutah an open and common practice during the Prophet's (s) time? When the Prophet (s) made it permissible did the companions question Muhammad (s) as such,

"And what about your women oh Messenger, would you recommend Mutah to them".

Would anybody dare or did anybody dare to question the Messenger (s) as such? I mean such a question is perfectly normal for you guys to ask the one who recommends or makes it permissible.

We believe it was made permissible by the Messenger (s) due to the rise of certain situations and conditions. Before these situations and conditions were not questioned and raised it wasn't practiced or even known.

And it was practiced based on exceptional circumstances because it wasn't a common practice.

Can you tell me otherwise or challenge any of this? Why and when was it made permissible. And why not before this?

Something that is known or a fact doesn't need to be proven. If you can challenge it and you believe otherwise then lets hear it.

iceman

« Reply #326 on: January 27, 2018, 11:18:35 PM »
The Sunni view;

The reality is that Mutah was permissible in the early days of Islam, but was eventually banned categorically by the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم). This is very similar to wine, which was at first permissible in Islam, and it was only later in time that the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) forbade it. The prohibitions against wine were expounded slowly over a period of time. In the beginning, drinking wine was permissible and many of the Sahabah did it. Then, the Quran declared that wine was harmful and bad. After some more time, the Quran forbade approaching prayer whilst drunk. After the people had become accustomed to this, it was only then that they were ready so that Allah and His Messenger (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) completely forbade wine.

Why did the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) first allow wine and then later forbid it? This was only because Islam was revealed in stages, and the faith was going through a transitional period, with the Shariah being expounded during the life-span of the Prophet. If the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) had not banned wine in stages, and instead had he (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) simply banned wine immediately, it would have been very hard for the early Muslims who were accustomed to wine-drinking, which was a hobby of the pagan Arabs. Many of them were early converts and their faith was weak. They had an addiction to wine, and many of them would become apostates if wine was suddenly banned outright. So, the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) banned wine in gradual stages so that it was easier on the people.

Likewise, Mutah was a hobby of the pagan Arabs. Hence, it was not forbidden in the beginning. This is because Islam was in a transitional stage. The Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) initially allowed Mutah on a few occassions because there were many new converts to Islam who had weak faith. They were often in times of war away from their wives, in which their desires got the best of them since they were not accustomed to the chastity of Islam. In order to prevent the apostacy of these new converts over the issue of Mutah, the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) did not forbid Mutah immediately. (And these are the Hadith which the Shia quote to “prove” that Sunnis believe in the permissibility of Mutah.)

Once the Muslims became stronger in faith, the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) categorically banned the practise of Mutah.

Would you agree to the above? If yes then I will question you regarding the above if you're up for it.

muslim720

« Reply #327 on: January 28, 2018, 12:52:00 AM »
Can everyone just drop it?  Please!  Put your money where your mouth is....you support this "sunnah", may your lineage be full of offspring of mutah, ancestors and descendants, for whom Allah (swt) has promised forgiveness, as per your narration.

As for us, may Allah (swt) keep us devoid of this "sunnah".  Khalas!
"Our coward ran from those in authority" - Iceman (admitting the truth regarding his 12th Imam)

iceman

« Reply #328 on: January 28, 2018, 01:16:36 AM »
Can everyone just drop it?  Please!  Put your money where your mouth is....you support this "sunnah", may your lineage be full of offspring of mutah, ancestors and descendants, for whom Allah (swt) has promised forgiveness, as per your narration.

As for us, may Allah (swt) keep us devoid of this "sunnah".  Khalas!

You sound very disappointed. Calm down. I'm not the one beating around the bush and running in circles. I've alteady contributed enough to this thread. They keep coming at me hoping for a breakthrough in the argument. But I'm not letting that happen.

zaid_ibn_ali

« Reply #329 on: January 28, 2018, 04:29:18 AM »
Iceman show me from Quran & the sunnah you follow that mutah is only for certain circumstances.

Don’t quote sunni books. I’m not asking you to prove the sunni view.

Prove from the Quran & THE SUNNAH YOU FOLLOW

iceman

« Reply #330 on: January 28, 2018, 06:08:59 AM »
Iceman show me from Quran & the sunnah you follow that mutah is only for certain circumstances.

Don’t quote sunni books. I’m not asking you to prove the sunni view.

Prove from the Quran & THE SUNNAH YOU FOLLOW

I've proved it to you. It was made permissible by the Prophet (s) due to exceptional circumstances. You've lost the argument. And you still want to put up a confrontational stance.

muslim720

« Reply #331 on: January 28, 2018, 07:41:32 AM »
They keep coming at me hoping for a breakthrough in the argument. But I'm not letting that happen.

You are a liar!  I dropped this discussion but you had more to say (you can go back and confirm this).  And for as long as there is insincerity and double-talk from your side, there will be no "breakthrough" in the argument.  However, the matter is quite clear!
"Our coward ran from those in authority" - Iceman (admitting the truth regarding his 12th Imam)

zaid_ibn_ali

« Reply #332 on: January 28, 2018, 03:13:43 PM »
I've proved it to you. It was made permissible by the Prophet (s) due to exceptional circumstances. You've lost the argument. And you still want to put up a confrontational stance.

Where is this proof? From sunni books? We sunni’s believe it mutah was for exceptional circumstances.
But you say you are a twelver. So i’m asking you to prove that its for exceptional circumstances from the Quran & YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF THE SUNNAH.

Mashallah its great that you reject the shia sources & instead accept the sunni sources as proof & accept the sunni belief it was for exceptional circumstances only.

I think we are making progress here. Inshallah you will continue to accept sunni sources as being more reliable than 12er & continue to adopt more sunni beliefs, the beliefs of the mainstream & majority muslims & become more united by rejecting extreme fringe sects like the 12ers.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 03:16:01 PM by zaid_ibn_ali »

Khaled

« Reply #333 on: January 28, 2018, 04:45:55 PM »
continue to adopt more sunni beliefs, the beliefs of the mainstream & majority muslims & become more united by rejecting extreme fringe sects like the 12ers.

While I agree that it is awesome that he rejected the 12er position and adopted the position of ibn Abbas رضي الله عنه, I still think it's much safer to go all out and take the position of Imam Omar and Imam Ali رضي الله عنهما as their position is much more likely to be correct.

Either case, Alhamdulilah, we all agree that Mut'ah, at best, is equivelant to eating pork when a person has no other choice and that the ahadeeth that 12ers narrate about the virtues of Mut'ah are 100% fabricated.  :)
كلُّ سُلامى من الناس عليه صدقة كلَّ يوم تطلع فيه الشمس، تَعدلُ بين اثنين صدقة، وتعين الرَّجل في دابَّته فتحمله عليها أو ترفع له عليها متاعَه صدقة، والكلمةُ الطيِّبة صدقة، وبكلِّ خطوة تَمشيها إلى الصلاة صدقة، وتُميط الأذى عن الطريق صدقة

zaid_ibn_ali

« Reply #334 on: January 28, 2018, 07:50:08 PM »
Yes as Iceman believes mutah is for exceptional circumstances. As sunni’s we believe mutah WAS for such cases only but was then banned.

Inshallah the brother is half way there on this issue.

I respect that he isn’t stubbornly following the classical shia beliefs all the time.

iceman

« Reply #335 on: January 28, 2018, 08:35:43 PM »
You are a liar!  I dropped this discussion but you had more to say (you can go back and confirm this).  And for as long as there is insincerity and double-talk from your side, there will be no "breakthrough" in the argument.  However, the matter is quite clear!

Yes the matter is very clear, why did the Prophet make Mutah permissible? What was the reason and purpose? Then according to your faith and belief Mutah was prohibited but why? What was the reason and purpose for Mutah to be made permissible and the same to why it was then prohibited. These are the questions that you guys are constantly dodging. Until you respond there will be no breakthrough by you diverting attention.

We follow the Prophet and it is crystal clear that Mutah was made permissible by the Prophet due to and for exceptional circumstances. I have contributed a lot to this thread by making points and putting questions forward. I have also put forward a lot of material and you guys have been ducking and diving and diverting attention till now. I know for sure that you can't answer. And I also know audience/viewers are aware of it.

iceman

« Reply #336 on: January 28, 2018, 08:41:54 PM »
Yes as Iceman believes mutah is for exceptional circumstances. As sunni’s we believe mutah WAS for such cases only but was then banned.

Inshallah the brother is half way there on this issue.

I respect that he isn’t stubbornly following the classical shia beliefs all the time.

Thank you very much for FINALLY and EVENTUALLY accepting that Mutah was made permissible for SUCH CASES ONLY [exceptional circumstances]. Now we can start to move on. You said, 'but was then banned'. Ok, can you give me the reason and purpose for this? If you're not too hesitant that is. And please don't take a long time answering. It's surely not that difficult, is it.

iceman

« Reply #337 on: January 28, 2018, 08:43:43 PM »
The Sunni view;

The reality is that Mutah was permissible in the early days of Islam, but was eventually banned categorically by the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم). This is very similar to wine, which was at first permissible in Islam, and it was only later in time that the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) forbade it. The prohibitions against wine were expounded slowly over a period of time. In the beginning, drinking wine was permissible and many of the Sahabah did it. Then, the Quran declared that wine was harmful and bad. After some more time, the Quran forbade approaching prayer whilst drunk. After the people had become accustomed to this, it was only then that they were ready so that Allah and His Messenger (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) completely forbade wine.

Why did the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) first allow wine and then later forbid it? This was only because Islam was revealed in stages, and the faith was going through a transitional period, with the Shariah being expounded during the life-span of the Prophet. If the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) had not banned wine in stages, and instead had he (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) simply banned wine immediately, it would have been very hard for the early Muslims who were accustomed to wine-drinking, which was a hobby of the pagan Arabs. Many of them were early converts and their faith was weak. They had an addiction to wine, and many of them would become apostates if wine was suddenly banned outright. So, the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) banned wine in gradual stages so that it was easier on the people.

Likewise, Mutah was a hobby of the pagan Arabs. Hence, it was not forbidden in the beginning. This is because Islam was in a transitional stage. The Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) initially allowed Mutah on a few occassions because there were many new converts to Islam who had weak faith. They were often in times of war away from their wives, in which their desires got the best of them since they were not accustomed to the chastity of Islam. In order to prevent the apostacy of these new converts over the issue of Mutah, the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) did not forbid Mutah immediately. (And these are the Hadith which the Shia quote to “prove” that Sunnis believe in the permissibility of Mutah.)

Once the Muslims became stronger in faith, the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) categorically banned the practise of Mutah.

Would you agree to the above? If yes then I will question you regarding the above if you're up for it.

Any response regarding the above lads? Anybody?

zaid_ibn_ali

« Reply #338 on: January 28, 2018, 10:42:49 PM »
Iceman you seem confused.

You follow sunni sources for sunnah? And reject the shia sources for sunnah?

Also if you want to discuss sunni beliefs related to mutah then open a thread to discuss it.

This thread is regarding mutah & shia.

iceman

« Reply #339 on: January 29, 2018, 03:17:42 AM »
Iceman you seem confused.

You follow sunni sources for sunnah? And reject the shia sources for sunnah?

Also if you want to discuss sunni beliefs related to mutah then open a thread to discuss it.

This thread is regarding mutah & shia.

I'm not confused. My question is simple and it's about Mutah,  why did the Prophet (s) prohibit Mutah?

Can't answer? Too afraid or too hesitant? No need to start another thread for this.